Benjamin W. KuhlmannAssociate
Benjamin W. KuhlmannAssociate
Benjamin W. Kuhlmann is an associate at LLG. With a penchant for diving head-first into unique challenges and a strong background in legal writing and litigation, Ben’s skillset and drive make him particularly suited for the legal world. Ben joined LLG after almost two years as an appellate clerk in Wisconsin, having gained experience along the way at the Federal Trade Commission, the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and several smaller firms.
Having developing an easy comfort with public speaking after over a decade of experience in classical singing and performance, when paired with the rigor of his continued legal experience, Ben is ambitious in seeking out advocacy opportunities in the world of litigation. As a part of the LLG team, Ben’s specialized skillset is put to use in our client-focused, uniquely personal approach to solving problems that require a tailored, effective solution.
- Successfully spearheaded a default judgment in a trespass and property dispute case, obtaining a judgment quieting title, compensatory and punitive damages, in addition to a permanent injunction.
- Assisted in securing the desired outcome for the Federal Trade Commission by successfully arguing for the equitable subordination of the claims of one of its enforcement targets in the bankruptcy context.
- Guided client at the Intellectual Property Venture Clinic through forming an LLC, preparing an operating agreement, and taking steps towards future trademark protection for his novel education software.
- Assisted in writing numerous appellate opinions at the Wisconsin District III Court of Appeals.
Published Works and Presentations
- Assisted in researching and writing: The Comprehensive Guide to Economic Damages, Vol. I-II (Fifth Edition, October 2018), Chapter 24 (Franchise and Dealership Litigation Damages), published by Business Valuation Resources, LLC.
- Further assisted with: The Comprehensive Guide to Economic Damages, Vol. I-II (Sixth Edition, December 2020), Chapter 24 (Franchise and Dealership Litigation Damages), published by Business Valuation Resources, LLC.
Professional Admissions, Associations, and Honors
State Bar of Wisconsin
State Bar of Ohio
Case Western Reserve University School of Law/J.D., cum laude, 2020
University of Wisconsin-Madison/B.A., Honors in History, B.A., Political Science, 2017
Senior Editor, Canada-United States Law Journal, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Case Western Reserve University School of Law National Moot Court Team
Legal Writing Honors Fellow
Hugo Grotius International Law Fellow
Intellectual Property Venture Clinic
Born and raised in Milwaukee, Ben’s love for the city and its people called him back after graduating law school in Cleveland, Ohio—a city whose river he assures us is only sometimes on fire. When not pouring over legal manuscripts, you can find Ben indulging in his passions: running, cycling, re-watching My Cousin Vinnie so he can emulate the best in the business, and eating the best cheese he can find. A regular volunteer and avid plasma donator, Ben looks forward to officially putting down roots in the city and finding ways to better serve his community in whatever ways he can.