Allison E. LaffeyAssociate
Allison E. LaffeyAssociate
As an associate at LLG, Allison brings the unrelenting passion of a young attorney to each case and every client.
Allison cut her teeth at the Atlanta offices of a large national firm, where her practice focused primarily on complex product liability, premises liability, and professional negligence and malpractice. She also has experience in toxic tort litigation and consulting. Prior to that, Allison worked at Rockwell Automation in Milwaukee.
Allison is the only LLG attorney who can honestly say she interned for the Canadian Senate. And like most younger associates, Allison is ambitious in seeking out opportunities to enhance her skillset. LLG integrates Allison into its client-focused teams where her youthful exuberance and brains are best put to use.
- Defeated efforts by putative classes in various FLSA class actions to obtain conditional and Rule 23 certifications.
- Assisted in winning summary judgment for Georgia law firm in legal malpractice action. Assisted in defeating Plaintiff’s appeal of the grant of summary judgment to the Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Assisted in achieving dismissal of claims against Georgia law firm in breach of fiduciary duty action brought by the wife of a former client.
- Assisted in achieving dismissal of Plaintiff’s appeal of trial court ruling in favor of our client in a breach of contract action.
Published Works and Presentations
- Author: “Diversity and Inclusion- We Need More than Talk and Show” DRI’s For the Defense, Vol. 60, Issue 5 (May 2018)
- Author: “Making Your Differences Work for You (and for Your Firm and Your Clients in the Process)” DRI’s Raising the Bar, Vol. 12, Issue 10 (November 2018)
- Co-Author: “Inclusion in Practice: Gender-Inclusive Legal Writing and Communications (Or Why “Dear Sir or Madam” Must Go)” DRI’s Raising the Bar, Vol. 15, Issue 4 (April 2019)
- Zettler v. Thurs Trucking, Inc., 2019 WL 1929205 (W.D. Wis. April 30, 2019)
- Piano Gallery Madison, LLC v. Create Music, LLC, 2019 WL 1006094 (W.D. Wis. Mar. 1, 2019)
- Piano Gallery Madison, LLC v. Create Music, LLC, 2018 WL 3475474 (W.D. Wis. July 19, 2018)
- Piano Gallery Madison, LLC v. Create Music, LLC, 2018 WL 734430 (W.D. Wis. Feb. 6, 2018)
- De Leon v. Grade A Constr., Inc., 2017 WL 6375821 (W.D. Wis. Dec. 13, 2017)
Professional Admissions, Associations, and Honors
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
American Bar Association
State Bar of Wisconsin
State Bar of Georgia
Defense Research Institute – Young Lawyers Committee: Diversity Vice-Chair (2017-2018, Diversity Co-Chair (2018-2020); Women in Law Committee: Seminar Planning – DRI for Life Co-Chair (2020-present); Philanthropic Activities Committee, Member (2019-present); Trucking Law Committee; Product Liability Committee; Toxic Torts Committee
Michigan State University College of Law / J.D., 2012
Creighton University / B.A., Psychology, 2009
Allison has a lifelong commitment to social justice that has only grown stronger with time. She is a long-time supporter of Pathfinders, one of Wisconsin’s oldest and most effective nonprofit organizations serving youth in crisis, where she previously spent a year as an Americorps member volunteering in the Drop-In Center. Allison is also involved with the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, of which LLG is a member, and both she and the firm share in the Chamber’s commitment to creating a fully inclusive state by promoting economic growth and opportunities among LGBTQ owned and allied businesses, corporations, and professionals in Wisconsin.
In her free time, Allison enjoys spending time with her wife, taking their dog, Gouda, on outdoor adventures (and documenting them on Gouda’s Instagram account), and doting on her rapidly expanding collection of houseplants.