While the term E-discovery often incites panic (and maybe $$ signs) in the eyes of many, it does not have to be that way. LLG’s E-discovery team, led by partner Sarah Thomas Pagels, has over two decades of experience in this area. LLG’s team of lawyers and paralegals have worked with clients on every facet of the E-discovery process, including:
- Pre-litigation planning
- Preparing litigation hold letters and working with your IT department or outside vendor to implement best practices for preserving data
- Working with forensic engineers on collections and, if necessary, data reconstruction from hard drives, servers, tablets and mobile devices
- Assisting vendors with processing large (or small) amounts of data, isolating what is relevant and eliminating the rest. This includes using technology tools to eliminate duplicates, data clustering, and keyword culling
- Drafting and negotiating ESI protocols, protective orders and search terms with opposing counsel
- Evaluating potential E-discovery vendors and E-discovery software based on the client’s needs and budget
- Preparing review protocols and training the review team (whether the review team is an algorithm or an associate – we have your back!)
- Managing remote teams of contract reviewers
- Preparing coding layouts
- Evaluating and using Technology Assisted Review (TAR)
- Reviewing and preparing documents for production
- Conducting quality control
- Conducting privilege reviews
- Assessing and mitigating risk of spoliation, inadvertent data production, and data loss
- Evaluating the opposing side’s production and compliance with court orders and protocols
- Constantly re-evaluating data size and budgets, and aligning both with client goals
- Using the critical data produced in discovery, in motions, in depositions and at trial
At LLG, we don’t find problems, we find solutions. Let LLG’s team tackle your thorniest e-discovery issues and put your mind at ease. We focus on the details so you don’t have to.
Attorneys in this area
Practice Area News , Honors & Awards
We are pleased to announce that Laffey, Leitner & Goode LLC has been admitted as the newest member of the USLAW NETWORK
Six LLG attorneys have been named to the SuperLawyers list of top attorneys in 2018.
Laffey, Leitner & Goode LLC has been named to U.S. News–Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” list for 2019, marking its second consecutive inclusion on the revered list of America’s top law firms.