Tammy has been a member of the team for more than 17 years; first as Jack Laffey’s assistant, then as his paralegal, now as the LLG paralegal. She is an essential team member who excels in the areas of problem-solving and critical thinking analysis. She works tirelessly to look at all of the evidence in every case and figure out how it fits into the theme of the case; being curious, asking questions, and digging deeper until every piece make sense. She sweats the details then succinctly communicates those details to the attorneys so they don’t have to hunt for them. She is skilled in profiling Plaintiffs and insured drivers to give her team a clear picture of the personalities behind the parties.
She adds value to her team and clients through her leadership skills and the ability to see the big picture to envision and implement long-term defense strategies. Establishing processes and protocols to enhance both practice management and client management are also among her strengths. She has experience in every phase of litigation – from initial investigation to trial to Supreme Court appeal.
Tammy is experienced in managing large volumes of information in complex litigation, in both paper and electronic forms. She is key in developing ESI discovery agreements, collecting information at the client level, and strategizing to implement review protocols for the review team.
She is the lead coordinator of the Emergency Response Program for our transportation clients. Tammy acts as the information router for the trucking company, truck driver, insurance company, investigators, experts, and attorneys in each emergency situation. Regardless of the time of day or day of the week, she works persistently to make sure all evidence at the scene is gathered, captured and preserved for use in future litigation. Tammy also works closely with insured drivers after an accident to guide them through a complicated and difficult time. Her ability to translate legal jargon and explain it in a way that makes sense to non-legal speakers is key in developing lasting relationships with clients.[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Practice Areas” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_padding=”||35px|” module_class=”profile-practice-container” module_id=”practice” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”]
Catastrophic Case Consulting, Tirage, and Ressurection
- Lead paralegal to manage multiple databases of client documents for various clients who are involved in national litigation.
- Lead paralegal responsible for motion practice and discovery process for multiple supplier and manufacturer clients in the E.D. Pa MDL 875 for asbestos litigation.
- Second chair at trial of a construction defect case which resulted in a six-figure jury verdict award to our client.
- Part of defense team which secured 0% liability finding for insulation supplier client in Wisconsin state court at trial.
- Part of defense team which secured dismissal of insulation supplier client after the close of Plaintiff’s case based on lack of evidence of exposure to client’s products.
- Lead paralegal on defense team which changed the landscape of asbestos cases in Wisconsin and the way they were defended, tried or settled.
- Part of defense team which brought a successful summary judgment brief in federal court for supplier of asbestos gloves based on lack of product identification.
- Lead paralegal on team which obtained favorable settlements in multiple cases for insulation supply company based on successful petition for review for the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Lead paralegal on defense team which defended Wisconsin property owners against suits asserting Safe Place and premises liability claims.
Published Works and Presentations
- Presenter: What’s Buried in the Archive? Current Issues in e-Discovery–38th Annual Forum on Franchising, New Orleans, LA (October 14-16, 2015)
- Co-Author: What’s Buried in the Archive? Current Issues in e-Discovery–38th Annual Forum on Franchising, New Orleans, LA (Conference Materials) (October 14-16, 2015)
- Faculty Member: Wisconsin Humane Officer Training – University of Missouri Law Enforcement Training Institute and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection, Madison, WI (September 22, 2015)
- Faculty Member: Wisconsin Humane Officer Training – University of Missouri Law Enforcement Training Institute and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection, Madison, WI (September 23, 2014)
- Presenter: Animal Cruelty: From Investigation to Verdict –Eau Claire County Corporation Counsel’s Office, Eau Claire, WI (August 13, 2014)
- Presenter: Animal Neglect & Cruelty: Navigating the Maze – Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection, Madison, WI (February 10, 2014)
- Faculty Member: Wisconsin Humane Officer Training – University of Missouri Law Enforcement Training Institute and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection, Madison, WI (September 24, 2013)
- Presenter: Animal Control Contracts with Municipalities: Managing Private Shelter Finances and Risks in the Day and Age of Fiscal Austerity in the Public Sector – Wisconsin Federated Humane Societies, Inc., Badger State Conference, Stevens Point, WI (October 11, 2012)
- Presenter: Group Litigation: Strategic Considerations for Cases Involving Numerous Parties, Mass Actions, Class Actions and Claims Brought by Franchise Associations – 35th Annual ABA Forum on Franchising, Los Angeles, CA (October 3-5, 2012)
- Co-Author: Group Litigation: Strategic Considerations for Cases Involving Numerous Parties, Mass Actions, Class Actions and Claims Brought by Franchise Associations – 35th Annual ABA Forum on Franchising, Los Angeles, CA (Conference Materials) (October 3-5, 2012)
- Faculty Member: Wisconsin Humane Officer Training – University of Missouri Law Enforcement Training Institute and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection, Madison, WI (September 25, 2012)
- Author: Enhancing Animal Welfare Laws – Wisconsin Lawyer, Vol. 84, No. 12 (December 2011)
- Roundtable Facilitator: Franchisee Associations: Strategies and Realities – International Franchise Association, 44th Annual Legal Symposium, Washington, D.C. (May 17, 2011)
- Co-Author: Arbitration in 2011 – International Franchise Association, 44th Annual Legal Symposium, Washington, D.C. (Conference Materials) (May 16-17, 2011)
- Presenter: Arbitration in 2011 – International Franchise Association, 44th Annual Legal Symposium, Washington, D.C. (May 16, 2011)
- Co-Author: Class Action Prohibitions And The Effect of Contract Rules On The Collective Pursuit of Common Claims – The Franchise Law Journal, Vol. 30, No. 3, 167 (Winter 2011)
- Author: Changing the Balance of Power in Patent Disputes: The Potential Impact of the Supreme Court Decision in eBay v. Mercexchange – WHD Spotlight (Fall 2006)
- Co-Author & Presenter: Rules and Procedures for Federal Court Success – National Business Institute (Seminar Materials) (October 2006)
- Presenter: Suitability and the “Know Your Customer” Rule – Lincoln Financial Advisors, Madison, WI (September 2003)
Author: Perspectives on Patient Confidentiality in the Age of AIDS – 44 Syracuse L. Rev. 967 (1994)
- My Health, Inc. v. General Electric Co., No. 15-cv-80-jdp, 2015 WL 9474293 (W.D. Wis. Dec. 28, 2015)
- Arcangelo, Inc., et al. v. DirectBuy, Inc., No. 3:13-CV-104-PPS, 2015 WL 5148513 (N.D. Ind. Sept. 2, 2015)
- Vesuvius Technologies, LLC v. ServerCentral, Inc., 2013 WL 1879107 (E.D. Wis., May 3, 2013)
- Roberts v. C.R. England, Inc., 2013 WL 3893987 (D. Utah, July 26, 2013)
- State ex rel. Godfrey & Kahn, S.C., v. Circuit Court for Milwaukee County, 2012 WI App 120, 344 Wis. 2d 610, 823 N.W.2d 816
- Cousins Subs Systems Inc. v. Better Subs Development Inc., 2011 WL 4585541 (E.D. Wis., September 30, 2011)
- Edgenet, Inc. v. GS1 U.S., Inc., 742 F. Supp. 2d 997 (E.D. Wis. 2010)
- Siemer v. Quizno’s Franchise Co., LLC, 2010 WL 3238840 (N.D. Ill., Aug. 13, 2010)
- Bonnano v. Quizno’s Franchise Co., LLC, 2009 WL 1068744 (D. Colo., Apr. 20, 2009)
- Westerfield v. Quizno’s Franchise Co., LLC, 2008 WL 2512467 (E.D. Wis., Apr. 16, 2008)
- Builder’s World, Inc. v. Marvin Lumber & Cedar, Inc., 482 F. Supp. 2d 1065 (E.D. Wis. 2007)
- Sawotka v. Midwest Security Life Ins. Co., 2006AP2362, 301 Wis. 2d 750, 731 N.W.2d 384 (Wis. Ct. App., Mar. 20, 2007) (unpublished)
- Tweet/Garot – August Winter, LLC v. Liberty Mut. Fire Ins. Co., 2007 WL 445998 (E.D. Wis., February 7, 2007)
- Ariens Co. v. Woods Equipment Co., 2006 WL 2597979 (E.D. Wis., Sept. 9, 2006)
- Braun Elevator Co. v. ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corp., 379 F. Supp. 2d 993 (W.D. Wis. 2005)
- City of Elkhorn v. 211 Centralia Street Corp., 2004 WI App 139, 275 Wis. 2d 584, 685 N.W.2d 874
- Estate of Kriefall ex rel. Kriefall v. Sizzler USA Franchise, Inc., 265 Wis. 2d 476, 665 N.W.2d 417 (Wis. Ct. App. 2003)
- Wild v. Subscriptions Plus, 292 F. 2d 526 (7th Cir. 2002)
- City of West Allis v. Wisconsin Electric Power Co., 2001 WI App 226, 248 Wis. 2d 10, 635 N.W.2d 873
- Reget v. Paige, 2001 WI App 73, 242 Wis. 2d 278, 626 N.W.2d 302
- Production Stamping Corp. v. Maryland Cas. Co., 234 Wis. 2d 524, 611 N.W.2d 470 (Wis. Ct. App. 2000) (unpublished)
- Eberle v. Dane County Bd. of Adjustment, 227 Wis. 2d 609, 595 N.W.2d 730 (1999)
- Bar Code Resources v. Ameritech Information Systems, Inc., 229 Wis. 2d 287, 599 N.W.2d 872 (Wis. Ct. App. 1999)
- RecycleWorlds Consulting Corp. v. Wisconsin Bell, 224 Wis. 2d 586, 592 N.W.2d 637 (Wis. Ct. App. 1999)
- Bauder v. Delavan-Darien School District, 207 Wis. 2d 310, 558 N.W.2d 881 (Wis. Ct. App. 1996)
- Stoppleworth v. Refuse Hideaway, Inc., 200 Wis. 2d 512, 546 N.W.2d 870 (1996)
- Whirlpool Corp. v. Ziebert, 197 Wis. 2d 144, 539 N.W.2d 883 (1995)
- Steinberg v. Jensen, 194 Wis. 2d 439, 534 N.W.2d 361 (1995)
- Dog Federation of Wisconsin, Inc. v. City of South Milwaukee, 178 Wis. 2d 353, 504 N.W.2d 375 (Wis. Ct. App. 1993)
- Azco Hennes Sanco, Ltd. v. Wisconsin Ins. Sec. Fund, 177 Wis. 2d 563, 502 N.W.2d 887 (Wis. Ct. App. 1993)
- Maleki v. Fine-Lando Clinic Chartered, S.C., 162 Wis. 2d 73, 469 N.W.2d 629 (1991)
- Johnson v. Calado, 159 Wis. 2d 446, 464 N.W.2d 647 (1991)
- Miller v. Minority Brotherhood of Fire Protection, 158 Wis. 2d 589, 463 N.W.2d 690 (Wis. Ct. App. 1990)
- Matter of Estate of Katze-Miller, 158 Wis. 2d 559, 463 N.W.2d 853 (Wis. Ct. App. 1990)
Professional Admissions, Associations, and Honors
American Bar Association
American Bar Association Forum on Franchising
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
State Bar of Wisconsin
State Bar of Illinois
Best Lawyers in America 2015 (Commercial Litigation and Appellate Practice)
Best Lawyers in America 2016 (Commercial Litigation and Appellate Practice)
Milwaukee Area Technical College/ Associates Degree, 1993
Carthage College / Paralegal Certificate, 2006
For several years, Tammy regularly volunteered at St. John’s Cathedral Meal Program to serve lunch and a smile to those who are less fortunate. She has also volunteered to build houses as part of the Habitat for Humanity Program.