Alyssa M. ArmbrustAssociate
Allison E. LaffeyAssociate
Alyssa M. Armbrust is always looking for a new challenge. She graduated with two Bachelors of Arts from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in three and a half years, and then went on to graduate from the University of Wisconsin Law School in two and half years. She is a strong advocate for clients inside and outside of the courtroom.
Alyssa spent her first four years out of school working as a Public Defender in Washington County representing adult defendants, juveniles, and clients facing mental health commitments. She then spent three years representing clients in personal injury claims ranging from motor vehicle accidents to dog bite premises liability matters.
Additionally, Alyssa has experience behind the bench, interning for the Chief Justice of the Wisconsin Court of Appeals. She has also worked on both sides of the aisle at the federal level for the United States Attorneys Office and the Wisconsin Federal Defender Services.
When not in the office or courtroom, she can be found cycling along Lake Drive or running along the Interurban Trail. Alyssa has completed various marathons and triathlons, including Ironman Wisconsin in 2017.
- Represented various clients in personal injury litigation and jury trials.
- Multiple criminal jury trials, including securing an acquittal in a felony sexual assault trial and homicide litigation.
- Secured multiple dismissals in pre-trial litigation in criminal court.
- Participated in oral arguments and wrote a three-panel decision for the Wisconsin Court of Appeals in a multi-defendant homicide case as intern for Chief Judge Brown.
- Represented parents and wrote appeals for various Termination of Parental Rights cases.
- Represented multiple clients in federal appeals, including a Petition Writ of Certiorari to the United State Supreme Court.
- Drafted Petition for Writ of Certiorari in the Seventh Circuit of Appeals and assisted in preparation for Oral Argument.
- Worked as Compliance Officer to the Federal Election Commission for a Political Action Committee.
Professional Admissions, Associations, and Honors
State Bar of Wisconsin
Milwaukee Bar Association
Washington County Bar Association
Wisconsin Association for Justice
Washington County 40 Under 40 (2017)
University of Wisconsin Law School/J.D., 2014
University of Wisconsin-Madison/B.A. History, B.A. Spanish, with honors, 2011
University of Wisconsin Law School, Dean’s List
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Dean’s List
National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Mr. Bob’s Under the Bridge Homeless Outreach