Tammy L. FrederickParalegal
Tammy L. FrederickParalegal
Tammy has been a member of the team for more than 17 years; first as Jack Laffey’s assistant, then as his paralegal, now as the LLG paralegal. She is an essential team member who excels in the areas of problem-solving and critical thinking analysis. She works tirelessly to look at all of the evidence in every case and figure out how it fits into the theme of the case; being curious, asking questions, and digging deeper until every piece make sense. She sweats the details then succinctly communicates those details to the attorneys so they don’t have to hunt for them. She is skilled in profiling Plaintiffs and insured drivers to give her team a clear picture of the personalities behind the parties.
She adds value to her team and clients through her leadership skills and the ability to see the big picture to envision and implement long-term defense strategies. Establishing processes and protocols to enhance both practice management and client management are also among her strengths. She has experience in every phase of litigation – from initial investigation to trial to Supreme Court appeal.
Tammy is experienced in managing large volumes of information in complex litigation, in both paper and electronic forms. She is key in developing ESI discovery agreements, collecting information at the client level, and strategizing to implement review protocols for the review team.
She is the lead coordinator of the Emergency Response Program for our transportation clients. Tammy acts as the information router for the trucking company, truck driver, insurance company, investigators, experts, and attorneys in each emergency situation. Regardless of the time of day or day of the week, she works persistently to make sure all evidence at the scene is gathered, captured and preserved for use in future litigation. Tammy also works closely with insured drivers after an accident to guide them through a complicated and difficult time. Her ability to translate legal jargon and explain it in a way that makes sense to non-legal speakers is key in developing lasting relationships with clients.
- Lead paralegal to manage multiple databases of client documents for various clients who are involved in national litigation.
- Lead paralegal responsible for motion practice and discovery process for multiple supplier and manufacturer clients in the E.D. Pa MDL 875 for asbestos litigation.
- Second chair at trial of a construction defect case which resulted in a six-figure jury verdict award to our client.
- Part of defense team which secured 0% liability finding for insulation supplier client in Wisconsin state court at trial.
- Part of defense team which secured dismissal of insulation supplier client after the close of Plaintiff’s case based on lack of evidence of exposure to client’s products.
- Lead paralegal on defense team which changed the landscape of asbestos cases in Wisconsin and the way they were defended, tried or settled.
- Part of defense team which brought a successful summary judgment brief in federal court for supplier of asbestos gloves based on lack of product identification.
- Lead paralegal on team which obtained favorable settlements in multiple cases for insulation supply company based on successful petition for review for the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
- Lead paralegal on defense team which defended Wisconsin property owners against suits asserting Safe Place and premises liability claims.
Milwaukee Area Technical College/ Associates Degree, 1993
Carthage College / Paralegal Certificate, 2006
For several years, Tammy regularly volunteered at St. John’s Cathedral Meal Program to serve lunch and a smile to those who are less fortunate. She has also volunteered to build houses as part of the Habitat for Humanity Program.