Join Our Team
Join a team of relentlessly inspired lawyers.
LLG is busy, getting busier, and growing. We are a small but high-energy firm with a national client base.
If you have the ability and desire to work as part of an energetic and motivated team of trial lawyers, you could be our ideal candidate.
We have also been told we’re pretty good folks to work with. Oh, and our dogs are super cute.
Laffey, Leitner & Goode LLC is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to add to its litigation team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organized, proactive, result-oriented and skilled in coordinating and managing multiple projects.
- Support a team of attorneys in all areas of case management.
- Answer and direct inquiries from clients, guests, and other firm constituents.
- Produce professional work product for billing professionals by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics as directed by those professionals.
- Perform light paralegal duties as instructed by attorneys and record all time entries accordingly in billing system.
- Open and distribute mail on a daily basis in conjunction with our administrative staff.
- Conserve time of firm’s billing professionals by reading, reviewing, and editing written work product drafted or prepared on their behalf.
- Assist firm’s billing professionals as requested on calendar maintenance, travel planning, and expense reimbursement, attorney-client coordination, and other such matters.
- Monitor and assist attorneys with CLE compliance and maintain accurate and up-to-date CLE records.
- Facilitate production of draft billing invoices on a monthly basis and attend to timely completion and delivery of invoices to firm’s clients in coordination with billing attorneys.
- Maintain and update calendars of all court-ordered deadlines imposed upon clients of the firm.
- Prioritize, track, and follow up in writing on all delegated assignments.
- Work as positive member of team to accomplish group firm’s goal on behalf of all clients.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, electronic document management systems (NetDocs or similar), and personal computer proficiency.
- Efficient typing skills.
- Ability to assist with electronic court filings in state and federal courts.
- Familiarity with state, federal, and appellate Courts filing systems and rules.
- Flexible schedule and availability, but must be willing to work periodically on weekends and later at night as needed by office professionals.
- Diplomatic interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Follow through on delegated tasks and communication of completion.
- College degree or equivalent required.
Life Inside Our Office
We don’t like to brag. Okay, that’s not true, we do. Regardless, we occupy the second floor of the fabulous Timberworks building in the beating heart of Milwaukee’s Third Ward.
You can expect all your modern amenities and some additional bonuses. We’re constantly looking for new ways to let our personality shine through our space. We’re also a dog-friendly workplace, so you can bring your pooch to work.
Perks & Benefits
Dental & Vision
Domestic Partner Benefits
Long and Short-Term Disability & Life Insurance
401k with Non-Discretionary and Discretionary Profit Sharing
Mobile Phone Service Paid and Device Allowance
Paid Holidays & Generous PTO Schedule for Non-Salaried Professionals
Licensing and CLE Fees Paid for Attorneys
24/7 Paid Parking
Let’s Work Together
If you think you would fit in with the team at Laffey, Leitner & Goode LLC, please submit your resume & cover letter using the form below.
Thanks for your interest.